Saturday, February 27, 2016

Short Trip To Kamala in Phuket, Thailand

This was the first time going to Phuket, Thailand. I was told to choose place that is not Patong by my girlfriend as she just wanted some place with peace and quiet. The process of elimination meant that we stay in Kamala, which is about 10-minutes away from Patong.

I flew into Thailand by Tiger Air (SGD 190/head) as usual and the flight was about 2 hours long. When I arrived at the Phuket airport, we arranged for the hotel, Ayara Kamala to pick us up. Took us about 50 minutes to reach the hotel which was situated up a slope and we could only check in at 2 pm.

The wait was worth it. I had booked a deluxe room with pool access (~SGD310/night net) and I think I cannot get the same value in Singapore.


The resort feel was very strong and it showed in how they decorated the room with elephant motifs and the sprinkling of flowers. I did a google and found out that Ayara did not mean elephant but rather, poem, in sanskrit.


You might think that I paid quite a bit for the room but if you have the view below and a pool, I do not think you will complain. I spent most of the time dipped in the pool or tanning by the front yard. It is shared by 4 other rooms but we did not all use the pool at the same time. I do not have a morning shot but the views were fabulous and post card perfect. I guess it was what you would call a blue sky holiday.



The hotel provides a shuttle service to Kamala beach where you can do your water sports or watch the other beach-goers. We used the shuttle service to get to Kamala beach to have our dinners as well as do our massage at the parlours along the road, since we were not going to the beach.

It will cost THB200 to get up to the resort from Kamala beach if you miss the shuttle and THB400 to get to Patong Beach.

Some people felt that the bathroom area felt a bit old. Personally, I thought that except for the tiles, the fittings were new.


There are other properties being built near Ayara Kamala but I think it is the closest to the sea. I rate my stay 4/5 as it met most of my expectations except for the breakfast spread.

Visit the resort's website for booking or more info: http://www.ayarakamalaresort.com/


2 comments:

  1. Now you upped my interest to go back to Phuket once again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldnt go there again. But i really enjoyed my stay at the resort.

    ReplyDelete